Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm already supersized.

I just watched Supersize Me for the first time. I've always wanted to watch it, but for whatever reason, hadn't. I was hoping it would cure me of ever wanting to eat McDonald's again. Sadly, all it did was make me want a Big Mac. D'oh!

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the movie, whether you want them or not. First, I realize that at the end he says that his test was "a little extreme." Umm, ya think? Yes, some people occasionally eat fast food more than once a day. I will say, there have been days I've eaten it 3 times a day. But then there are many days in between where I don't eat it at all. He also made sure that he ate each menu item at least once. Most of us are creatures of habit. There might be only 2 or 3 things I will eat from McDs. Ok...it's actually 5 if you include the breakfast items. But still. So yeah...I think it was kind of skewed to show all bad and no good. Granted, the positives are small. But, especially in this economy, cheap and filling can be a good thing if you are struggling...not everyday, 3 times a day, but once or twice a week.

Other thoughts:
-They didn't ask the one group of people that could have told you what a calorie is. Fat women. Oddly enough, overweight females know more about the caloric and fat content of most foods and the definitions of all label terms than ANYONE else. We are an obsessed group.

-What does it say that when I saw him puke after the supersized double qpc meal, I thought to myself "What a wuss. You can tell he isn't fat. That's nothing. I can eat that and then go for dessert!" Yeah. I'm thinking it doesn't say good things about me.

-I don't get the whole vegan thing. I'm sorry. I'm not a HUGE fan of meat, but at the same time, I don't think I could live without it for eternity. A few days, maybe even 2 weeks, maybe. And to compare ham to heroin? Uh, yeah. The girlfriend is on crack.

For the record, my McD's meals of choice:
-10 piece chicken nugget meal with Dt. Coke
-Big Mac meal with Dt. Coke
-Quarter pounder with cheese meal...with, you guessed it, Dt. Coke
-Sausage biscuit with a vanilla iced coffee
-Sausage McMuffin with cheese, no egg, with vanilla iced coffee

Though...their lattes aren't bad, but the one by me doesn't have them. And yes, I grew up on diet soda. My grandfather was diabetic, and everyone in my family overweight. I hate the taste of most regular soda. I did used to drink regular Sprite, but I gave that up YEARS ago. Didn't change jack.

Now seriously...someone bring me a Big Mac. I'm dyin' here!

1 comment:

Paula said...

ok, thanks for making me super hungry! thanks! lolll