Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Day 15!

Yes, that's right. I decided to start tracking before we went to Disney...and then when we were there, I figured, what the heck, lets try to stay OP and see how it goes.

And go it did! Granted, had it not been for all the walking (about 6 miles per day) I wouldn't have had a chance. But I came home and still even had a few flex points left over for the rest of the week.

My hardest day was our last full day there. We were eating at the Canadian Steakhouse, eh? and I had Beer Cheese soup. It was DELICIOUS. And 12 points for the bowl. It was followed with potato gnocchi and a few bites of chocolate mousse...leaving me .5 point of my regular points for dinner, plus the APs. Unfortunately, for dinner, I wanted a burger. And I had it. So I used all my APs, plus another 10 flex points.

Driving home was also a little challenging. We didn't do much walking that day, since we left pretty early (we were worried about hitting traffic because of the holiday), so I had no APs to count on. Actually, had it not been for the awesome chocolate covered toffee thing we got at Goofy's Candy to use our last snack options, I would have been golden. But it was too good not to eat the whole thing. And besides, I still hadn't thought I would pull off the OP for the whole time and was figuring I'd be starting over from scratch. Nope. Entered it and was a mere (HA!) 9 points over for the day. Had Flex points, though, so I used those. Leaving me 12.5 flex points for the rest of the week (4 days...I reset on Saturday).

So here it is, Thursday. And I have been OP for 14 full days. So what do I get for this awesome accomplishment?

Well, I'm switching up my rewards a little bit. I found my $10 item...well, $15, but who's counting. An adorable purse. And I went ahead and bought it at DH's urging...and promptly hung it in the closet until I earned it. And I think managing to stay OP in Disney is an accomplishment worthy of switching my 15 and 30 day rewards...so, if I make it through today, I get my purse. Otherwise, it keeps hanging there. If I make the next 15 days (total of 30), I get the $5 added to my Starbucks card.

By the way--a little money-saving tip from the couponer in me: if you use a registered card to pay, any "drink customization" is free--so syrup, soy milk, whipped cream, etc. I don't do soy, but I know the syrups are 30 cents. Doesn't sound like much, but after 10 trips, that's almost enough to buy #11! Also, I've discovered the Cafe Misto. It's just like a latte, but instead of espresso, it uses brewed coffee. Somehow, this is 1.5 points less than an equivalent latte (2 points for a Venti non-fat Misto with sugar free syrup, 3.5 for the Venti non-fat latte with sugar free syrup)...and almost $2 cheaper. SCORE!

Starting my reward day with an 7 point breakfast, then I brought an 8 point lunch, leaving me 15 for dinner. If I was cooking, no problem. But I have a test after work, so it's going to be fast food...

1 comment:

Beanie said...

Good for you! Totally an accomplishment! Yay!