Thursday, May 14, 2009

I love my DH.

Really, he has his flaws, but he's great sometimes.

He read my blog yesterday (well, I sent it to him and there was a quiz...so he had to. *wink*), so he knew I was stressing my weight again. Well, this morning I started considering gastric band surgery (again). I told him that, and it made him sad. I asked why...he said my situation made him feel like a failure and that he wasn't supportive. I told him he's not a failure, but he's also not supportive at times. (Note: I'm not upset about this...I've realized that is him, and I can't fix that...it's for me to deal with). That made me cry. I felt bad for making HIM feel bad.

The first thing he did was email a friend of his who had the band surgery for her experience. She said she has lost about 40 pounds, but wasn't really impressed with it. And I can't say I blame her. The cost is from $15,000 to $30,000...and for that much, I think I would want to lose more than 40 pounds! So now I'm thinking about trying Alli. In fact, I've been thinking about it for a long time. I've pretty well decided I'm GOING to try it. As soon as I can get my stupid coupon to print...

After we talked about the band surgery, we talked some more, and I have a veggie garden growing, but I just started it a few weeks ago...so no veggies yet. DH said he wants to start juicing again (veggie juice, that is), and we can do more fresh stuff (we do mostly frozen for convenience sake). AND...I about fell on the floor for this one...if I get Mayfield milk, he'll drink skim!!!

So I'm off to the store tonight after work (was going anyway...missed a few awesome coupons at Kroger when we went on Sunday). I'm getting some cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, whole grain bread and LF provolone, and we are having veggie sammiches. NOM! Might use some pam or ICBINB spray and have a grilled one for myself. Maybe with some honey mustard...

I'm also stopping at Walmart to get the rest of the stuff I need to finish my garden (planting "troughs" for lack of a better word...and topsoil). Need to get everything else started. As it is, I can't believe I have only killed a little bit when I tried to move them to bigger pots!

I'm so proud of him. I'm *hoping* that this time, we can stick with this a little longer. We've been through it before...but this time I actually grocery shop regularly...which is new. I don't want miracles at this point. I just want to be back where I was when we met (~190) so my clothes will fit again.

No comments: