Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too good at dieting.

Ok, that's probably a bit of an overstatement, because obviously, if I was too good, I wouldn't need to do it anymore.

What I mean is, I'm too good at cutting out calories, but NOT good at balancing my diet. For example, my current target is 1800-2000 calories a day, and 45-60 grams of fat. Considering I'm almost 100 pounds overweight, and have a deskjob, and don't exercise, this is the target for now according to my plan. I've been tracking my eating for 3 days now and here's how wonderfully I've been doing:

Sunday: 1415 calories, 53 g fat
Monday: 1722 calories, 62 g fat
Today: 1476 calories, 55 g fat

I'm also trying to keep it to 19g or less of fat per meal. I do fine on that at breakfast (7, 13, and 8), and lunch (4, 16, 11), but dinner is a challenge so far. I'm at 42 (kielbasa--but in my defense, when we chose it, I hadn't started counting yet), 24 (Tombstone Pizza) and 32 (Quick-Fix Beef and Rice) for the week. I really need to get this under control. :o( And increase my calories overall, without increasing fat. This is actually hard for me, in some ways.

I remember in my WW days, I would get home from work at 9, and tell my aunt "I have 15 points I have to eat." My point minimum was 25, I think. Mind you...that was the MINIMUM of a 5 point range (excluding fat, 5 points=250 calories).

I know all about the fact that if you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode. I do. But I'm too good at cutting in some areas. Mind you, I've eaten today. See? (Hopefully this link keeps today's date). It's not like I'm not having anything. It's just not enough.

Guess I get to add orange juice back into my life for awhile. That's a great calorie add with no fat for when I'm not really hungry. Too bad I cut it out 6 years ago, so now I feel guilty drinking it!

Must. Get. Over. Food. Guilt.

No comments: