Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Minimizing me.

It's the reverse of Supersize Me. I've been shrinking things in my life lately.

First, I went from a regular laptop to a 9 inch netbook. I adore it. It fits in my purse, boots up fast (something my laptop never did for some reason), and is just downright cute. I have a few typing issues, but I'm the typo queen to start with, so that's nothing new, really. I highly recommend one.

Then...and somewhat less impressive, but I like it...I shrunk my Starbucks card. No, not the balance (well, that, too) but the card itself. They have what are called mini-Starbucks cards, and they fit on your keychain, and are just a little bigger than most store loyalty cards (Kroger, CVS, Publix, etc). Again...I love. Oh, and you get "drink customization" free with a card, so I get a 30 cent discount when I use it for my syrup. BONUS.

So, as I sat in Starbucks, with my latte (have no fear--my caffeine intake has NOT been minimized), mini netbook, and my keys with my mini card, I realized I've been minimizing a lot of things in my life lately, but not the one I want to most: my self. And I think I should do something about that. Soon. Like, really, ASAP, but then I'm setting myself up for failure yet again, because Disney is in 9 days, 7 hours, 9 minutes and someodd seconds. And for me to stay OP in Disney just won't happen. I know this. Well, it might...if I were well into it, and it was second nature, etc. But in 9 days, I don't think I can pull it off.

But what I CAN do is start preparing and getting into other habits. I started class last week. I'm just taking 1 this semester: College Algebra. Not at all exciting, and I think I'm going to be pulling my hair out by the end of it because I'm only in class 1 hour a week, and then 3 hours in a computer lab where I teach myself. Yeah. So, most of this will be on my lunch break. I still plan to eat...please, don't think the fat girl won't be eating. The schedule I would like to work out is:

11:45-heat lunch, inhale while finishing up whatever I'm working on
12:00-head to math lab for homework (it's almost right across the street, walking doesn't count)
12:45-back to office and pop in a 10 minute exercise DVD. Close door, do exercise.
1:00-Open door, back to work

There are a few problems...like my homework may run over from time to time, in which case, I'll have to do something else. And I've actually never WATCHED the DVDs I was looking at bringing...might need to do that to make sure I can do it here.

I figure if I can at least work that in, it's a start.

For my finale, I'm going to steal from my good friend Alyssa. Her thought was that she can't control the outcome, but she can control her behavior, so for every 15 days she stays OP, she gets a reward. Doesn't matter if she loses or not...it's the behavior being rewarded, not the loss. This really made sense to me, since I tend to gain about 6 pounds for TOM (he's such a bastard), which always frustrates me...and then I binge, and then blow it, and don't get back. But, if I look at it as sticking with it gets me something shiny (ok, really, I'm about to think of rewards in a minute...that's where this train is going...but I haven't, and it likely won't be shiny, but you know what I mean), I'm more likely to stay with it.

So...bringing the train back into the station, and without further ado...

What I want (all are consecutive...if I fall on day 29, I start over):

For 15 days OP, I get $5 added to my Starbucks card.
For 30 Days OP, I get to decide on something for $10 (I've been thinking for 2 days and can't think of anything!).
For 45 days OP, I get $15 added to my Starbucks card (gotta support my habit somehow!)
For 60 days OP, I get a pedicure (~$20).
For 75 days OP, I get $25 added to my Starbucks card.
For 90 days OP, I get an Organizer bag from Thirty-One (~$40)

I also think I might do at least 1 month of paying for WW, since it's been so long. Hard to reward yourself for being OP when you have no set definition of OP.

Ok. It's in writing. Kickbox Bootcamp starts tomorrow (class on Wednesday's, so no extra time during my lunch).

3 comments:

Paula said...

Dear friend, Pass the mini giftcard to your friend in Columbia and no one gets hurt!


LOL jk. I want one of those though! I like your plan! Wish I had the money I would do the same.

Beanie said...

$10 buys you a polish change!

Also, you don't need to pay for etools with sites like CalorieKing.com and http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php

WW Ghetto!

Gphigirl said...

I have no polish to change. ;o) I only do pedis, not manis. I'm too hard on my hands.

And it's more to find out how many points I'm supposed to have. I know the formula by heart (calories, plus fat times 4, minus fiber times 10, all divided by 50). And I'm a Sparkperson. :o) After I get all my info again, I'm back to WW ghetto, too!