Friday, March 6, 2009

My plot to get free soda.

Sounds more devious than it is. This is kind of a continuation of my last post.

Walgreens has a few deals going on:
Colgate toothpaste: 3.29, get 3.50 back in Register Rewards (RR) for next visit.
Huggies diapers: Spend $25, get back $10 in RR.
12-pack coke products: 4/$13, get $3 in RR.
Blink tears eye drops: $7.99, get 7.99 in RR.

Here's how I'm doing this...

I got the Colgate...and I had a .75/1 coupon, so I actually spent 2.77 after tax and got the 3.50 back.
I'll be doing the Huggies thing (no, I'm not just wasting them...gonna give them to my SIL for my nephew). The jumbo packs are on sale for $10 each. I have 3 coupons: 2 for $5 off, and one for $3 off...making my total after coupons $17. Get back $10 of that.
Use those 2 RR's to get 4 packs of coke...FREE. Actaully, it's better than free. I get $3 in RR back. Get the eyedrops (which I have a $2 coupon for) and $7.99 in RR, then get another 4 packs of coke for about $2 (no RR on this one, since I'm using the ones from last time).

So, for about $28, I will have:
1 tube of Colgate
3 jumbo packs of Huggies
8 12 packs of coke products
1 bottle of eyedrops

I'd call that an ok deal. *insert evil laugh here* If I were to ONLY get the soda, it's STILL a good deal at about $3.50/12 pack, or .29 per can.

1 comment:

Cand said...

I'm so envious of you people who can figure this stuff out and have the patience for it!