Thursday, July 30, 2009

Seriously, I'm funny.

Ok, lately, I have just been making people laugh left and right. Sarcasm at it's best. And it all started when one of my good friends posted a quote from A League of their Own, meant to be inspirational to her weight loss (hey...misery loves company. It's how I met most of my best friends...) and I was just far too tired and my mind went straight to the gutter. Honestly, all I said was that I needed to get my mind out of the gutter...but someone else evidently could see exactly what I was thinking...and though it was hilarious.

Then, there was the breastfeeding vs. formula feeding discussion. Granted, I have no kids. But it's my feeling that everyone should do what is best for them and their family in their very individual circumstances. But the BF Nazis say formula makes kids stupid and sick...to which I tweeted an open letter: "Dear BF Nazis: Intelligence capabilities are determined at conception, then it's just working with the kid to develop them. Maybe if you put your boob away and read to your kid, it could compare to the ones who get a bottle of formula while being read to." Yes, it took 2 tweets. And apparently, even mentioning "boob" got me found by the x-rated spam bots. Oh, well. That's why I have protected tweets.

Then...there was this morning's meeting. Ok, I probably shouldn't have gone here, but really, the question was so dumb it required a dumb answer. Other person asks (not directly to me but we were in a group) "What is the difference between the 1:00 and the 2:00 meeting?" to which I replied "One is later than the other." Straight face and all. Everyone laughed. Really, though? Who asks that and DOESN'T expect a smartass response? As it turns out, one was for system bugs and the other was going over a task list...which probably included many of the system bugs. I can understand the confusion. Luckily, I'm not involved in said meetings.

So that brings me to now. DH's birthday is tomorrow (he's less than thrilled, but tough. I have to deal with mine soon, so he does too). Anyway, his mother texts me to find out if he is taking off at all (Umm? No...the only time he's not at work is Sunday's and Disney trips. Haven't you figured this out yet?) and says she is giving him $$ for his birthday. So I warn him she might be stopping by (we have a no-surprise-visit rule between us...like those warnings when it comes ot his parents) and tell him what she is giving him and to act surprised. He responds "Where did she get $$?" Yeah..honestly, that is the bigger surprise. But anyway. I tell him I don't know, and take a guess she got student loans early. He says she will be asking for money in 6 months. I say "I give it 1 month if she is going through it this fast." Seriously, they are incapable of dealing with money.

Well, that wasn't that funny, but I had to tell someone.

In other news...umm. I paid off 2 credit cards today. Go me/us (DH did help). One more will be paid next month, and if all goes as planned, another in December, leaving us with only 2, and 50000000 car payments (ok, fine. 4. Four car payments. And 2 are bikes, not cars. Get off my back), the mortgage and the standard utilities. *happy dance*

Oh...and I'm trying to figure out just how many days I will be furloughed. It's somewhere between 4 and 13 total. Maybe I should start a pool for guessing and make it a 50/50, so that I can make up some of my lost wages. Hmm...any bets? Also, they are talking re-org for my department. This could actually work to my advantage. What they want to do is eliminate a vacant position. But the one that is currently vacant is a senior level. So they are talking about shifting us around back into 2 teams of 3 (like when we were fully staffed), and then moving me into the shifted lower level and leaving mine vacant (admin job). So basically, I'd get a promotion. Not sure if/how much more money I'd get, since the whole point is as a cost cutting measure (damn those 28% budget cuts...and, sadly, this is not a joke...that really is what we had to plan on cutting), but experience-wise, it's an AWESOME move. And I've been training for it for the last 2 weeks (which is where I heard it from...). It's gonna suck next week when the person who has been out comes back and I'm back to nothing to do. Though, I might get to finish my file room.

I'm outta witty remarks, so that means our time has come to a close. See ya in about 3 more months when I think of something else blog-worthy...



No comments: