Monday, November 2, 2009

Shut up and let me go...HEY!

Every time I think of iPods, I think of that stupid song in the commercials. God I hate that song...which is probably why DH stuck it on ours. Just to annoy the crap out of me. Oddly enough, though, I can tolerate it at the gym. Tolerate. Not like.

Today, I set up a 2nd workout playlist, and added Nicole's C25K podcasts. I'll be giving hers a shot tonight, because they have the convenient little cues about when to switch...and I won't be at the gym where I can just set the treadmill, or even just keep an eye on the timer right in front of me instead of my watch that requires thought and math...two things I can't do while running.

So it got me to thinking: What's on your workout playlist? Here are my 2 standards:

For a 1 hour workout (this is the new one I just did--haven't tried it out yet):

Paralyzer-FingerEleven
Stronger-Kanye West
What a Way to Want to Be- Shania Twain
Let's Go Crazy- Prince
Dirty Little Secret- All American Rejects
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor (I'm a child of the 80's, what can I say!)
Girl All the Bad Guys Want- Bowling for Soup
Headstrong- Trapt
American Badass- Kid Rock
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous- Good Charlotte
My Sharona- The Knack
Nothin' But a Good Time- Poison
One Way or Another- Blondie
Same Ol' Song- Sev
This is How a Heart Breaks- Rob Thomas
U+Ur Hand- Pink

And for a slightly shorter workout of 45 minutes, we have:

American Girls- Tom Petty
Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen
Harder to Breathe- Maroon 5
1985- Bowling for Soup
Should I Stay or Should I go Now- The Clash
Part of Me- Linkin Park
Let's Get Rocked- Def Leppard
The Anthem- Good Charlotte
Cold Hard Bitch- Jet
The Middle- Jimmy Eat World
Somebody Told Me- The Killers
Summer of '69- Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (cover of Bryan Adams)
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)- Motley Crue

As you can tell, I'm a little eclectic on my music preferences. I tend toward rock/heavy metal, but mostly of the 80's variety. The bigger the hair, the better. But I'll throw in a little country now and then (crossover country...not serious twang where the singer loses his dog, his house, his truck and his wife...), some rap from time to time (again, mostly the 80's and 90's variety), and some newer stuff if I catch it or someone recommends it. I like my workout music to make me WANT to run...even if I'm not planning to. It's gotta be up-tempo. Kills me to have ballads come on sometimes if I'm just using the "everything" option.

On this same topic of workout music, I'm actually WANTING to get back to running. I haven't in about a week and a half. Time has been really short for me lately. Last Monday I found out I had a test that week...and I still had homework to get done, plus study, and everything else we needed to get done. The last 3 Saturdays have been spent doing PR stuff for DH's store. And Sunday's have been cleaning, getting ready for visitors and the housewarming...and just RELAXING! We did take one Sunday and not even pick our asses off the couch. It was needed. But now, I'm ready to start again. And that still surprises me, because I have never been one to want to exercise much less RUN. Actually, that's not entirely true. I have wanted to exercise before. Whenever I do WW and I'm low on points, I want to exercise so I can eat more. But now I actually want to exercise...and don't really care about the extra food that comes with it (though, I'm sure later this week I will, after using 17 flex points on Saturday drinking my Blavod).

So, if you see the fat chick running in the 'hood tonight, try not to laugh too hard run me over. At least I'm trying.

No comments: