Tuesday, November 3, 2009

3 Day Summary to date!

I realized I have a bunch of stuff going on for the 3 Day, but it's all spread out every which way. In an effort to consolidate, here is what I have going on so far:

Fundraising: 
Goal: $2500
To Date: $200
Remaining: $2300

Ways to donate:
Directly to my 3 Day page 
Purchase Scooting Toward a Cure item
Bid on Silent Auction items
Purchase Tastefully Simple products (enter Lillian Winfrey as the host, otherwise it won't count)
Come to Oz Pizza in Fairburn on Nov. 17 between 4pm and 10pm and dine in.
Tell your friends--even if you can't, someone else might!

I just sent out an email "blast" earlier today from my 3 Day participant center. If you didn't get one, I don't have your email. If you want one, shoot me a message. Comments are moderated, so you can leave your address in a comment, and I won't post it, but will send the note on to you.

Training:
I'm still plugging along at the C25K. I had a hectic week last week, so I wasn't able to get my workouts in, but I started up again last night. I used Nicole's 1.1 podcast, and it was great. Even when I didn't want to run anymore, the music was so good, I had to! I did skip 2 of the 8 running segments (1 minute each), but that puts me back where I was 2 weeks ago when I last did it anyway...and I'm ok with repeating a week. Unfortunately, this was my first run "on the streets" (as opposed to a treadmill) and I'm feeling it in my knees today. Considering a walk after work to try to loosen them up some, but weighing that against just resting them for tomorrow's run. Oh, and my reflective vest that I won at a Scooter/Motorcycle event awhile back? Yeah....it sucks. Big time. It wouldn't stay strapped down (D ring style side things). That is being added to the list. I spent more time messing with it than enjoying the nice cold weather that made it so I didn't have sweat dripping in my eyes.

Miscellaneous:
I'm starting a shopping/Christmas list. So far, here it is:
-sleeping bag--mine is a junior size. I'm not.
-sport water bottle with a straw--I have the Camelback back pack thing, but the lack of ice available last time made for some NASTY drinking, so I'm going smaller this time.
-some sort of inflatable mattress (I have heard pool floats work well!)
-Eddie Bauer hiking fanny pack with a spot for water bottle. All good reviews from other walkers.
-Reflective running tops--see above.

That's it so far. I'm sure the list will grow exponentially between now and October.

I'm still looking to do some "canning" (stand outside Walmart or Kroger and collect donations) and I have a pretty nice banner I got and some silicon rings (instead of bracelets) that will be given out for donations, but I haven't found the time to do this yet. Well, that, and the Kroger Manager hasn't responded to me yet about the 3 dates I asked for there. But choosing dates right now is tough with all of the above going on.

Oh, and the radio spot that was supposed to air? Still hasn't, but I was up early this past Sunday (stupid time change) and so I tuned in. They did a spot on Tutus for Tatas, who Adam had told me when I was there that he had interviewed...so I'm thinking they are just a couple weeks behind and mine might still be in the works. I have every intention of listening for it and recording it to be posted everywhere!

I think that covers everything I've got so far. I'm hoping for some great news from the email blast over the next few days!

No comments: