Saturday, November 7, 2009

My head is spinning, but not in the fun, drunk kind of way

What a week! I feel like I haven't accomplished much, and yet, have gotten a lot done. Unfortunately, the to-do list keeps growing, which is probably why I feel like I'm not making any progress.

I managed to get a few more donations for Silent Auction items. I'll do the official list later today when I pick them up and can take pictures of a couple of them, but look for a Gift Bucket from Rita's Water Ice (YUM!!), a gift card from Rack Room Shoes and a Valencia coffee maker, that brews directly into 2 travel mugs. I still have a stop to make at Walmart, so cross your fingers, though I'm not hugely optimistic right now that it can be done in time. Books-a-Million also sounded promising when I was talking to the manager, but when I looked at their website, it said they needed 6 weeks lead time, and that donations couldn't be auctioned off or resold...so I didn't submit it.

Picked up a second gallon of paint for the dining room yesterday, too. We'll be painting either tonight or tomorrow. Most of today (after these morning errands when I finish my Venti Bold Non-Fat Cafe Misto with Sugar Free Caramel syrup) I'll be putting the guest rooms in order. One still has our last few straggling boxes that haven't been unpacked, and the other just needs some tidying up. The cats were feeling zen and a rock in the small zen garden was messing with their feng-shui, so they took it out. Honestly, I'm surprised that's all they did and I don't have sand everywhere.

This week I still need to get the rest of the food for the housewarming party. I'm also in a baking mood, completely unrelated, so I may make some flourless peanut butter cookies and maybe even some Heath Bark (that's not baking...but it's in the kitchen. It counts).Sadly, I will probably eat at least some of everything I make.

I entered a new "decade" today with my half pound loss, bringing my total to 15 pounds! I've been very cyclical with my losses. Before I even checked the calender, I knew it was almost time for TOM to rear his ugly head again. Those are the weeks I lose .5. I have been slacking on the workouts still, unfortunately. I did my first real-world (not on a treadmill) on Monday, and my knees have been KILLING me ever since. Just normal walking is painful. So I think the C25K is going to be abandoned and I'll just start walking instead. It's still really early for my training, but it's not like that will hurt anything. I may give C25K another shot after I lose some more weight. I'm thinking the extra that I carry around doesn't help matters.

I also spent most of the week feeling like I'm coming down with a sinus something. I've managed to skip it for the last 2 years or so, but it's catching up to me. So far, I'm just a little stuffy, and some occasional coughing and sneezing. I'm trying to fend it off with extra rest. Or just passing out on the couch at 9pm like I did last night.

Well, time to get moving and pick up these prizes! I'll update the original post later on today!

No comments: