Friday, January 22, 2010

So many options!

Ok, I've kinda been on a roll finding some simple fundraising ideas. Hopefully, they will all pay off better than the whole zazzle thing was going. Right now, there are 4 things you can do to help me. Actually, there are 2 you can do RIGHT NOW, 1 that you can do from February 4-25, and 1 on March 22...but I'm going to tell you ALL about them NOW, so that you are well prepared when the time comes, and you can tell all your friends now so they can help.

Super Bowl Grid
Priority: High
Dates: Now until Feb. 7, 2010
Cost: $10/square
Details: Click here for my post all about it.
If this fills up like I hope, it's a $700 fundraiser, which would put me over the halfway point toward my $2300 ($1337.50, to be exact--leaving $962.50 to come up with)...which means less posts nagging you for money. It's really win-win. $10 to shut me up. Let's call it hush money. A wise investment if I ever saw one. 99 squares remain available as of the writing of this. Tell your friends.

Electronics Recycling
Priority: Medium
Dates: Now until July 22, 2010
Cost: Nothing. Gazelle pays shipping on items. You just get rid of stuff you aren't using.
Details: Gather up you old electronics: cell phones, laptops, digital cameras, video games and systems, movies, calculators...there's a list on the site. Pretty much anything. Clean off your info to the best of your ability (they say they will do it, but you might as well ensure your privacy!). Click here to see what they will give you for it. Once the offer is made, either accept it, or if you think it could go for more at a yard sale, send it to me...because I'm doing one of those, too! Also, if the offer is $0, while they will still accept it and recycle it for you, I have another place I'm in contact with that will give me $1/pound on broken/non-resalable items. So send that one my way, too! Or, I'll give you the info directly, because THEY pay shipping as well. Also, tell your friends, co-workers, put a box out at your favorite cafe...there is no limit, and it doesn't cost anything but a few minutes to do this. I have one phone that we looked up and it's worth $12. It's currently sitting in a drawer and I'm too lazy to ebay it. This is much easier. I'll be putting out boxes a few places around town to collect these items, and I'll try to set up a large collection box at Oz when I'm there (see below).

Write reviews of local non-chain places
Priority: High (due to the limited time window)
Dates: February 4-25, 2010
Cost: Nothing but what you spend/spent at locations
Details: Between the dates above, click here and write reviews of places you frequent...or don't because the service was so bad. Everything from non-chain restaurants (sorry, McDs, Chili's, Outback, etc aren't included) to doctors, to repair persons is included. I'm pretty sure you can "join" now, but no reviews will be counted until the 4th. If you have time to write them now, though, you could always start a word doc and get it written, then just upload it once we are live! Reviews in certain areas are worth more than others, and 1st reviews are worth more than the 2nd through 4th. I know I have a lot of people who love to eat out at great places...what better way to help a good cause than to tell people a great place to eat?

Oz Pizza
Priority: Low, for now
Dates: Monday, March 22, 2010
Cost: Whatever you decide to order. But their pizza is AMAZING.
Details: This is just like the one I did in November, but probably without the silent auction this time. Show up to Oz Pizza in Fairburn between the hours of 4pm and 10pm. Order dinner, and tell them that you are there for the fundraiser. Eat, drink, be merry. That's all you do. Oz will cut me a check for 20% of the sales from people mentioning us. So the more you eat, the more we make. Bring your friends. Make it a girl's or guy's night out. They serve beer and wine. There is a tv with sports on...I'm sure any March Madness games will be playing. Cheer it up.

Other pending ideas that will need support: 
Depending on how the Super Bowl Grid works out, I may see about doing a March Madness Bracket. I don't know as much about basketball, but I'm fairly certain I can set something up online to do it for me. If you are interested, leave a comment letting me know that.

Still planning the yard sale for sometime in May. I will need stuff to sell. DH and I had one a couple years ago and haven't accumulated TOO much more that we are willing to part with since then. Clean out your attic or garage and let me know. I'll also probably need someone to keep me company and allow for bathroom breaks without leaving everything unattended. Let me know if you would like to help and we can coordinate dates.

I'm thinking about creating a cookbook. Unfortunately, I'm no good at original recipes...most of my "special" ones are either straight from someone else, or I just change a couple things. And I don't have many. So if you have some, let's talk.

I think that's all I have rolling around in my brain at the moment. So go dig through closets and drawers and donate your stuff, and pick a square on the grid. I'd LOVE to be able to do the last of my fundraising at the yard sale in May so that I can focus on training after that!

No comments: