Wednesday, January 13, 2010

That's right. I'm a hot college freshman.

A perk of working for a state university is that you get to take free classes...up to and including earning a degree. I never really wanted to get a masters until they told me it would be paid for. So now, I'm taking Post-Bac classes to kill time get prerequisites out of the way until I take my GMATs...which, unfortunately, cost $250, and I just can't justify that kind of expense with Disney trips to pay for and exercise equipment that will be used for a week to buy.

I didn't mention that we bought a mini trampoline and a pseudo-elliptical? Ahh...but we did. The DH and I are both trying to lose weight, and he suggested the trampoline, because it looked like something fun to do while watching tv. I've been wanting an elliptical for YEARS. Last time, he talked me into a treadmill instead, because "If we get a treadmill, I [he] would be more likely to use it too!" Ok, fine. Treadmill. Which I hate. So we get it. And I use it about 6 times. He never does. We sold it for what we spent on it 2 years later (well, it WAS "like new!"). So now I'm getting this. And I'm hugely excited about it. Not so excited that the living room will be a gym, though. May have to rethink that. But we'll see.

Oh...back to the point. I start my second semester of classes tonight. Macroeconomics. I DETEST Econ. It's incredibly boring and generally somewhat intuitive. I'm hoping I don't have more than 3 papers and 4 tests to do all semester. I mean, I *do* have a life, unlike these little perky teeny-boppers.

Speaking of which...when did stilettos and fuck-me-boots become "wear to class" attire? What happened to rolling out of bed and going to class in sweats and a pair of flip flops in 18 degree weather because you can't remember where you took your shoes off after coming home drunk the night before? Not that I've ever done that. I always remembered where my shes were. Even if they weren't where I was.

Other college oddities: I have a BA (bet you NEVER would have guessed that based on my writing skills!), but for all intents and purposes, I'm a freshman. AND I get no credit for any classes I've taken. So not only do I hate Econ, but I've had it before...but still have to take it again. Good thing it's free...otherwise, I'd be throwing a fit about that one. But now, I'm just too lazy to bother. It's like I'm in college all over again...oh. Yeah.

Anyway...  Oh! I have good news! Oz Pizza is booked for Fundraiser Part Deux on Monday, March 22! Come out and join us! It's the same deal as before: Oz donates 20% for all dine in orders that mention that they are there for the fundraiser. I'm working on stuff to go with it. I have 1 gift card from the last fundraiser that didn't get any bids, but I'm considering using that for a Twitter giveaway fundraiser. Details? I has none. But follow @gphigirl just in case I come up with some!

And the best news? We started Biggest Loser a few weeks early...right before I left for my mom's, which was right before I went to Disney. I gained 3 pounds over the holidays. Yeah...I was going the wrong way. Though, I think the damage would have been much worse otherwise. But this past weigh in, I was....

Drumroll, please...

Back to my starting weight. I lost 3 pounds last week! Woo-freaking-hoo! Of course, this means I can slack off this week, right? Because I've been eating like I can. I made cookies last night. They are healthy as far as cookies go...high fiber oatmeal, splenda instead of sugar, etc. But I also made No-Pudge Brownies the other night. And will be making them again soon, but with cherry yogurt (at DH's suggestion--hoping they taste chocolate covered cherry-ish). And while these are good snacks in moderation, I have apparently decided that "moderation" means "whatever I can cram in my bellah". So, yeah. Moving on...I can't wait to get my elliptical. :o)

1 comment:

Beanie said...

"that will be used for a week"

love it!