Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A whole lot of nuttin'

Probably a short post today. Really, I have an urge to write, but I haven't felt very witty the last few days. Besides, all I've been doing in hocking fundraisers and talking about weight loss. Pretty soon, you would think this blog actually had a purpose or something.

Anyway.

Thursday is the anniversary of when we closed on our house. I really can't believe it's been a year already. We haven't done, like, ANYTHING that was on our list. Other than paint. But when your walls are 2 tone because they only painted halfway with a "matching color" that didn't...well, OCD kicks in and you get that shit done ASAP in any room you spend any amount of time in. But we still have bleached carpet, the deck is still in need of replacement and expansion, and we have a dining room table, but no chairs. Things that have been done: we have hosted lots of friends...and discovered the comfortable limit is 10 people. We can fit 15, but really, 10 is best. We have also managed to fit 4 regular scooters, one vintage Vespa with a sidecar, a Durango and a PT Cruiser in the garage. How? Evidently, DH is awesome at Tetris. seriously...I have no idea how he got that to work. We also have 2 shelving units and firewood stored in there. Not much walking room, though...

We don't know how we are celebrating yet. Probably not doing much of anything. I mean, it's a Thursday. I like to be in bed by 9 10 PM. We have to be somewhat coherent the next day for work.

Oh! Speaking of work...things move at the speed of a drunk snail with a bum tail around this place. A promotion I started hearing rumbles of last JULY is one step closer to being mine. Ok, half a step. On Friday-ish, we will be a full step closer. The person that is currently 1 step ahead of me was recommended for the position 2 steps ahead of me. Now we just have to hope they give back-fill permissions again. My "inside contact" has said that she is pushing to just do an internal promotion instead of a full hire...but, sadly, it's not really up to her how it would go down...but it's highly likely she would be the head of the search committee, so either way, *if* they open the position, and don't write the announcement so I'm not eligible, I should be a given. Lots of if's...but it's plausible. *Maybe* by this July, I will be in a higher position. Maybe. Which is nice, since there are no raises around here for at least 2 years otherwise. Stupid recession.

Guess that means I need to look like I'm working. Adios!

I almost forgot...

For your viewing pleasure, a picture of the DH and I in Animal Kingdom...complete with fashionable tummy pack for the 3 Day!

No comments: