Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life, or something like it.

Real life is starting to catch up to me and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to out run it. Especially considering I have only just started C25K today.

I feel like I have SO much going on right now, and I think it's gonna get worse before it gets better. We have the obvious things that this blog is about: WW, exercise and the 3 Day (and the fundraising for that). Then I still have 2 more months of class before the semester break. And we have to finish the last few things to get the house in order before my aunt comes to visit. And we have bills that we want to pay off...so instead of sitting here talking to myself, I should be ChaCha-ing, but I'm just not as into it as I used to be.

Today, I picked out my class for next semester: Econ 2105, which is Intro it Macroeconomics. Ew. I really have no interest in this, but it's a pre-req for the classes I need once I take the GMATs (eventually) and actually apply for my masters in Computer Information Systems. This semester, I'm taking College Algebra. Anyone who knows me well knows that this is a joke for me. First, I took it when I got my bachelors. Second, I just like math. I'm weird like that. But next semester might actually be a challenge. And that won't be fun.

We finally picked out a color for the dining room. It was supposed to be tan. It's green. Luckily, it's in the same family as the living room, just about 2 or 3 shades lighter, so it could still work. But it's not what we wanted. We have about a month to get it put up on the walls before my aunt comes to visit (YAY!). Also, while she is here, we are FINALLY having our housewarming party...which is going to double as a Tastefully Simple fundraiser party. So we REALLY have to get the house cleaned up and in order.

I did start C25K today...the conservative program. Today was 28 minutes of walking, 2 minutes of running. Aside from not being able to breathe for about a minute and a half or 2 minutes after my running sections (I did 9/1/9/1/10), I really felt good. I kept my walking speed to about 3.0 mph, and for my runs, I did 4.0. Really, I almost think it was too slow, but I was a little nervous about it. Unfortunately, I think I'm gonna end up with shin problems. Even in 2 minutes, they were hurting while running. Not after, at least, but while running. I also did a weight circuit today: arms (tricep press, bicep curl, shoulder press, upright bench press) and legs (leg press, leg extensions, inner and outer thigh press). I kept the weight pretty low, and I only did 1 set of each...We will see how I feel tomorrow before I decide what I will do on Friday.

I'm also 3 days away from my 45 day reward...which was supposed to be $15 added to my Starbucks card, but I'm re-thinking that. I really don't know why I bothered to write down rewards. I have changed every one of them. Anyway, I have been really hungry today, and I think it's the addition of exercise to my program. But it's making it really hard to stick it out. I'm determined...but it's getting rough.

I think my goal for the next week is to get the dining room done, and just work on a schedule. If I can make the gym a habit, and then worry about working everything else in, I think I'm more likely to succeed with it. Right? RIGHT?! Somebody please tell me I'm not just lying to myself and that this really will become a habit...because right now, it's just a hassle.

No comments: