Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ALREADY?

Where has the time gone? I swear, just yesterday, it was August and DH and I were looking forward to our trip to Disney. Now, it's almost NOVEMBER! O. M. G.

I was in a meeting yesterday, and it was pointed out that our holiday break (2 weeks off for Christmas, starting the Monday before) is 7 weeks away. SEVEN. 49 days. I only have about 5 actual weeks of class left (none the week of Thanksgiving). And my aunts are coming to visit in 2 weeks...then the Oz fundraiser is the next week. O. M. G. I need a paper bag to breathe into.

Stuff that has been accomplished:

-E-vites were FINALLY sent for the housewarming/Tastefully Simple party. I know I missed a few, and I'm gonna try to get those out today. If I *still* forget you, I'm sorry, just beat me over the head and show up anyway.

-DH was AWESOME again and sent out e-vites to everyone he knows for Oz. 250-something people. Right now, there are 5 yes's...but hey, I'm good with that.

-Halloween candy has been bought...and not all eaten. We may or may not have time to set up the "graveyard," but the Mickey lights went up awhile ago. We will buy all kinds of stuff on clearance Nov. 1. I refuse to spend that kind of money now.

-Christmas presents are just about finished. We have a couple straggling things that we need, but the majority are done. We even talked about wrapping them...but haven't. Yet.

Things still to be done:

-Cleaning. Lots of it. Well, actually, it's folding clothes. We currently use the guest bed as a dumping ground for clean clothes...but we need that bed, so that means we are going to have to actually fold them.

-2nd coat of paint in the dining room. Yes, it is *passable* now...with the light off, and the sun down. But it needs to be done.

-Procuring some extra chairs. 'Nuff said.

-Getting more Silent Auction items. I have a few (like, 5). I'd like a few more. And some bids. Bids would be very good. Seriously. Click the link and bid. I'm not kidding.

-Getting a menu together for the housewarming. And shopping for everything.

-Running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Yeah...that's on the to-do list. It should cover everything else I know I'm forgetting.

-Get a pedicure. This was my 60 day reward. I made it! As much as I have been struggling lately, I'm going to enjoy this reward. Plus, it's close to the last one I'll be able to get before the walk, since callouses help prevent blisters.

Ok...that's about it for the list. There is also work and class stuff that needs to be done, but I can't think about that or I'll need to find that paper bag again. I'm actually looking forward to Thanksgiving...I get a 5 day vacation and we have NOTHING going on...and I refuse to plan something after the 2 weeks before that!

1 comment:

Beanie said...

Sounds like you've got everything under control!

Enjoy your pedi!